Friday, November 16, 2007

To my dearest popo


although it's ored a past....
but i jz hope to take tis time...
which finally i get to hv d time sit dwn n write a blog entry to reminisce my dearest popo....
after 2nd sem starts, i've longed to write tis...
nth to stop me nw.... n i jz gonna write it dwn...

31st October, as usual....
i went visit popo with mum.... around 8pm....
i went strait to d dining room as d adults (gong gong, 2nd aunt, kim) were all there having dinner..
after greeting them, i went into popo's room to c hw's her condition...
nth change, she's stil sleeping soundly after had her medicine...
then bek to d living room, i on d tv n watch d show...

since d nxt morning, i'll be following papa bek to cyber,
i contacted my fren to go for sum drink at nite...
it's still under planning... n so i told my fren tat i can only out b4 10pm as i wish to stay for longer time at nite at popo's hse.... cz i had sum bad feeling tat if i bek cyber... mayb i will no longer c her again....
n so.. at roughly 9pm... my fren sms me to go yumcha...
i bid goodbye to d adults... n informed mum tat i'll be bek at 10pm....
n so i drove to d place tat we agreed to meet....
coincidently, my fren's "brother"'s car broke dwn at sumwhere... sumhw he had to help out... n so we called off tat yumcha session....
n i bek to popo's hse...

when i reach popo's hse... they were watching tv at d living room...
so i joined them.....
around... 10.30pm.. as usual.. uncle ah hock came n pay visit...
he went into d room with his wife... again... tears filled their eyes...
then we had chit chat session at d dining room....

in d mid of chatting... i heard kim said "o lang come!!" which means my dad came...
i went to outside to greet him... n obviously his face... indicates... he jz bek from drinking with his frens or customers... :P
then he went into popo's room... which was really a rare case...
cz dad oso had sum phobia.... he cudnt slp at nite after looking ppl suffering...
but i bet... he mz be vr sanfu oso...
cz he sked tat bad things happen again like wat happened last time tat he cudnt send his own elder bro d last journey....

then followed by mama, uncle ah hock n his wife, then 2nd auntie and me...
we went into d room try to ask her who she waiting for actually....
n oso sum "good words" which i dunno hw to explain here...
nyway.... the scene frightened me.....
cz everybody was crying.... including me...
d scene let me had sum bad feeling.... is it really tat d deathmaster gonna take her away....
although mum alwz ask me to be prepared.... cz she noes tat i'm kinda sentimental...
but still.... haiz....

d "good word" session last for a vr long time.... which d details will alwz b in my heart...
then... d storm came.... storming nite.....
rough wind.... heavy rain.......
we tried to stay as long as we can...
but d next morning dad still hv to travel to kl..... so we bek home at around 1+am...
by tat time, uncle ah hock n his wife stil not leaving...

reached home.....
i still dun feel calm.... terrified... sked....
dunno hw to explain tat feeling....
then mum n dad went upstairs n slp...
i was sitting dwnstars packing my stuffs....
when i jz start d packing..... phone rang!!
goodness..... i hate phone rings.....
i picked up d phone asap....
n all i cud hear was " si jie.... ni men hai shi kuai dian hui lai mother jia...."
which translated into english is.... "4th sis, you all better bek mother's hse asap..."
tis was a call from my uncle's wife...

i hung up d phone.... i took d car key....
n i shouted "i'm prepared.... i'll drive... "
i knew tat tis had gonna be a long nite........
n i dun think tat my parents gonna b alrite emotionally....
so i tried to do watever tat i can....

it was still raining at tat time....
uncle ah hock n his wife, 2nd aunt were in popo's room....
popo was awake....
i kneeled dwn, hold her swollen left hand.... i tried to call popo..... but i dunno she cud hear me or not...
then i stepped bek to let d adults settle.....
finally, popo said it out......
which means.... she oso knew tat she dun really had time.....

-----------------------------------
all in my mind....
-----------------------------------

530am...
i bek to my own hse with my dad....
cz he still had to travel to kl to work....
n he had not enuf slp...
though i decided not to bek to cyber... but i still nid to go with him....
at least there's sum1 chit chat wit him on d journey...

i asked dad to go n hv a short nap...
n i'll wake him up at 7am....
in order to stay awake...
i went n had a cold water bath....
i on d tv.... n sms my fren.... ( thx)

at 630am.... i was predicting d bad thing.... to make myself hv mentally preparation...
phone rang...
635am....... popo left us.....
i heard from d other side of d phone.... it's mum....
she mz b heart breaking....
yet staying so calm to deliver tis msg to me....
popo.... RIP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sum of my frens are surprise to noe tat.....
my popo actually is my maternal grandma......
ya.... she was my maternal grandma.... a great lady....
during d wake of 4 days..... uncles n aunties told me about popo's past life....
hw hard she strive to earn money in order to send her children for education purposes....
wat a sociable lady she is... had so many frens.... in all races...
n then..... wat a nice grandma she is to us....
thx for everything... popo....
u let me noe bout d power of living.... hw u wish u cud b with us for longer period...
but... dun b sked... dun be sked.....
u'll alwz be in our hearts.....
my beloved popo....